Saturday, March 20, 2010

Other Tools Assignment

I like this wiki because of the way it is organized. It will be a great place to go to remind myself of tools to use in the classroom. I like Audacity because I have used it with my students, and it was very successful. It was easy for them to understand, and it added to the assignment. It wasn't technology for technology's sake. Animoto is another one of my favorites. I haven't used it in the classroom yet, but I created my digital story using Animoto. Again, it is simple, but the result is an impressive video. I found a new tool on this wikispace as well. It's called confusing words, and it is a "collection of 3210 words that are troublesome to readers and writers. Words are grouped according to the way they are most often confused or misused." I do teach "words often confused" to my students, but this seems like an excellent resource for them. I try to stress that spell-check will not catch these types of mistakes, and this resource will help my students to understand this concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment