Sunday, April 11, 2010

Google Docs

I am trying something new with Google Docs next week. I invited each of my students to join the document in order to create one Power Point for the class. We are going to review a few concepts for the OAA this way. I used one document for all of my classes, but I invited each class to join separately. I'm not sure if this is going to work. I guess I will find out next week. The idea is that each student will clone the original slide, add his/her information, and save it to Google Docs. If this works, then it will definitely save a lot of class time.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool using Power Point in this way. I have all my students using Google docs for the photoperiod project and it is working well. No power point though. Let me know how inviting each class separately works for you. How are you going to organize that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a cool project - will it be difficult to grade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should you have your word cloud assignment done by now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inviting each class separately worked out very well. I assigned a different slide number to each group/student. They present them on Monday, so I guess I will have a better understanding of how it works then; however, I haven't had many problems with it yet.

    ReplyDelete